Marketing Account Coordinator – Q City Metro
The Marketing Account Coordinator works with the Community Relations and Marketing Services account management team to execute marketing communications plans, helping to ensure plan items are delivered on time and on budget.
Characteristic functions and responsibilities
1. Responsible for supporting the implementation of marketing communications and promotional tactics as directed by the Account Management Team and Director of Marketing for specific clients within the college. Specific tactics executed could include: paid media campaigns, print media, digital advertising, social media, and press releases.
2. Enter work into the ministry’s work tracking system to ensure client deadlines are met.
3. Works with graphic designers to provide feedback to clients and ensure changes are made accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Follows up on project invoices to ensure clients are on budget.
5. Work with Account Managers and Campus Photographer to schedule photo ops for collateral needs.
6. Manages the college’s marketing template portal – Lucid Press.
7. Performs other assigned duties.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics
Knowledge of marketing communication principles and practices
Expertise in journalistic writing styles
Strong project management and organizational skills
Knowledge of generally accepted web accessibility; Web usability standards and multimedia design standards
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Ability to analyze demographic and psychographic data
Knowledge of printing and publishing processes
Experience with supplier management
Experience in controlling / monitoring budget expenditures
Public speaking and interpersonal skills
Ability to assess media effectiveness
Excellent verbal and written skills