Man City’s Raheem Sterling open for Barcelona loan in January
The summer transfer window is closed for the best European leagues! After a summer rich in international football, countless clubs have waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major offers here and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
TOP STORY: Sterling open to Camp Nou change
Manchester City winger Rahim sterling would be open to a move to Barcelona in January, according to sport.
The LaLiga club have reportedly attempted a transfer for the 26-year-old this summer, making a late loan transfer in the window.
Although the attempt failed in the final week of the window, it is certain that they can strike a deal this winter as the club have maintained dialogue with Sterling’s camp.
The winger is said to have a high salary, but the Catalan club are ready to pay as they go through financial turmoil.
Sterling is reportedly keen to move away from the Etihad in search of more consistent first-team football. The England international has seen his influence and starting space at the club dwindle over the past year, with the signing of Jack Grealish underscoring the club’s in-depth strength in wide areas.
Barcelona have struggled to score goals, not helped by the injury of former Sterling teammate Sergio Aguero.
Barca have only managed to score 11 goals this season, compared to favorites Real Madrid who have scored double with 22 so far. With the club in 9th place in the table, one or two additions could help them compete again.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– According to the Spanish point of sale Marca, Barcelona have blocked discussion of new deals with three of their players due to financial restrictions. Contracts Ousmane Dembele, Ansu Fati and Sergi Roberto are all at a standstill due to their finances, but the club still expect new deals to be made. All three players are expected to become free agents this summer if no action is taken.
– After the renewal of Lorenzo Pellegrini’s contract, AS Roma are focusing on immobilizing other important members of the team. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Jose Mourinho is preparing to propose new offers to Bryan Cristante, Gianluca Mancini and Nicolo Zaniolo.
– Tottenham Hotspur consider potential move for Chelsea defender Antonio rudiger in the midst of talks surrounding the player’s contract. According to Daily Express, Spurs are one of four teams watching the 28-year-old, who is out of contract this summer and has publicly discussed the Blues and their offer of a new contract.
– Roma are monitoring the potential signing of Denis zakaria of Borussia Mönchengladbach, according to Calciomercato. The midfielder is out of contract this summer and although the Bundesliga club have offered him a renewal, the 24-year-old has yet to accept a proposal. With a reduced payroll thanks to the displacement of the players, Roma believe they could take down the midfielder.
– AC Milan should offer a striker Rafael Leao a new contract as his influence has grown within the Serie A club. Calciomercato, the Rossoneri received offers for the 22-year-old this summer, but fended off all contenders and saw him perform well this season. As a result, they are expected to come up with a new deal, with the current one ending in 2024.